Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

E-marketing - The Newbie's view point



Most people who get into e-marketing, usually do so because the have either surfed the net looking for “work from home opportunities” or have received an email promoting these opportunities.
Nearly all these people are looking for;

  •  Part time income supplement. 
  • Complete income replacement. 
  • Being able to work from home, either part time, or full time.
  • Chasing the dream of financial freedom or accumulating vast wealth.
That’s right! We have all seen the paraphernalia and online promotions that promise to ensure that you get all that. Many of us baulk at what is involved in getting started. I don’t know the percentages of people who are put off by all this and don’t proceed past the enquiry stage, but I would bet it is a high figure.

I know when I made my first attempt at getting started in e-marketing, I was so unsure of myself and my ability that I failed miserably. I was confronted with a host of things I needed to do to be successful, but knew nothing about. What I have since discovered as being something easy to master, I was intimidated by, back then


Anyone considering getting involved in e-marketing should spend time and effort in getting to know all there is to know about things like;
  •  List building. 
  • Email marketing. 
  • Writing marketing emails. 
  • Autoresponders
  •  Business plans and strategies
  •  Goal setting 
  • Website building plus keyword research and other SEO undertakings 
  • Blogging 
  • Social media marketing 
  • “Niche” marketing 
  • Article writing 
  • Creating videos
  •  Affiliate marketing.
  •  Etc; etc; etc

Time spent researching all these things prior to entry into e-marketing, will surely increase the likelihood of you succeeding.

I am still a “Newbie” in the industry, by any standard, but I have a whole new plan of attack. I have set my GOAL and spent the time researching and building my knowledge database, developing a strong business plan and strategies, researching niches within the industries, creating a website and blogs, creating a “social media marketing” program, product research, and finally, gotten started.

I can’t believe how high my motivation and self belief are with this attempt at e-marketing. I am in for the long haul and I am fully committed to achieving my personal goal. I am even going to create a “Community of Newbies” so that each community member will be able to seek or give information on overcoming the obvious hurdles that Newbies WILL encounter.
I am full documenting everything I do so that it will act a Newbie FAQ database for future e-marketing Newbies.

If you are either thinking of becoming involved in e-marketing, or have just started, get involved in the newbie community I am building. It could well be some of the best sources of help available to you. Of course the community is in its infancy now, but it could develop into a massive help centre, in time.

Successful e-marketing to you all 
from Income Harvests

No comments:

Post a Comment